Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins were available from the United States Mint between 1997 when the coin series debuted and 2008 when demand for platinum coins started to wane. You can still find fractional-ounce Proof Platinum Eagles online though. Today, 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in near-perfect condition.
- Available to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Struck between 1997 and 2008!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- Statue of Liberty featured on the obverse of the coins.
- Varying images of the American bald eagle or symbols of the American government on the reverse.
- Includes “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please note you could receive several matching dates and designs when buying multiples.
Proof American Platinum Eagle coins debuted in 1997 from the United States Mint. Initially, the series had bullion and proof versions with 1 oz and three fractional-ounce coins. In 2008, all four bullion coins were suspended and the three fractional-ounce coins were also suspended. This means the only dates you’ll find in this listing of 1/2 oz Proof Platinum Eagles include 1997-2008.
All of the 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins listed here have PR69 certifications. Coins with this grade are considered near-perfect coins with full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Those flaws are limited to minuscule contact marks and hairlines located outside the primary focal points of the coin.
The deep-cameo designation is noted with the DCAM label and indicates that the coins have strong, frosted design elements overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
John Mercanti designed the image of the Statue of Liberty on the obverse of the Proof American Platinum Eagle coins. This design focuses on the face of Liberty from the statue and is used on the bullion coin every year and featured on the proof coins from 1997 to 2017.
Various images of the American bald eagle are the most common on 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins. The Vistas of Liberty program dominated much of the fractional-ounce era with different designs of the American bald eagle flying over regions of the nation between 1998 and 2002.
This is a random-year listing and JM Bullion cannot guarantee which designs and date marks you will receive when you purchase through this listing. If you buy more than one coin, please keep in mind that you may receive several matching date marks and designs as a result.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.