American Platinum Eagle coins were originally available from the United States Mint with four weights in total. The coins debuted in 1997 with a 1 oz platinum coin and 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins. The fractional-ounce coins were available only from 1997 to 2008. Now, 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Coin arrives inside of the PCGS protective plastic slab!
- Date marks range from 1997 to 2008!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- Issued a face value of $50 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Includes a DCAM label.
- On the obverse is the Statue of Liberty.
- The reverse includes various images of the American bald eagle.
- Features the W mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- Please remember that buying multiples could result in receiving several with matching date marks and designs.
Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins come with new designs on the reverse field of the coin each year. This is the only series from the United States Mint to use new designs each year. In the case of this series, the reverse field had new designs every year from 1997 to 2017 with only those two date marks sharing a design.
The fractional-ounce coins were available in both the bullion and proof collections from 1997 when the coin series debuted until 2008. With demand for platinum coins waning in the 21st century, the US Mint halted all of the bullion coins and resulted in the end of the fractional-ounce coins.
On the obverse of 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins is the depiction of the Statue of Liberty. Her figure is featured here in a design from John Mercanti that focuses on her face as she gazes toward the future.
The reverse side of 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle coins bears a new design each year. Examples of designs include the 1997 image of the American bald eagle soaring over the nation or the 2006-2008 designs reflecting the branches of the federal government: legislative, judicial, and executive.
These 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are in perfect condition. PR70 coins have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws present. The DCAM designation stands for deep-cameo and means the coins have strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
Random listings such as this come with the possibility of receiving a coin at random. We cannot guarantee the date mark or design you receive. If you purchase multiples, you might receive several coins with the same dates and designs.
JM Bullion customer service is available to you at 800-276-6508. You can also reach out to us online through our live chat and email address.