Australian Silver Kookaburras from the Perth Mint represent some of the best silver for sale in the precious metals industry. The series launched in 1990 and bears new images of the kookaburra on the reverse field each year. Today, 1 oz Australian Silver Kookaburra Coins in near-perfect condition are available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Available to you in the plastic slab of the PCGS or NGC!
- Struck annually from 1990 to the present!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 or .9999 pure silver.
- The face value of $1 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse side of the coin is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse field of the coin has varying images of the kookaburra.
- Please note you could receive coins with the same designs and dates when buying more than one coin.
The Perth Mint introduced the Australian Silver Kookaburra in 1990. The collection offers a number of different weights each year, but the most common are the 1 oz silver and 1 Kilo silver coins. The introduction of the series set the standard for the use of native wildlife species on Australian bullion each year, as well as the concept of changing the reverse design image each year to capture the kookaburra in different relief each year.
All of the 1 oz Australian Silver Kookaburra Coins available here are Mint State 69 specimens. Coins in this condition are considered near-perfect specimens that have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of those detracting flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
The coins in this JM Bullion listing are all guaranteed to have MS69 grades, but are chosen at random once your payment is cleared. As such, the date marks and designs can vary. Additionally, we do not guarantee whether the PCGS or NGC issued the grade to your specific coin.
On the obverse side of 1 oz Australian Silver Kookaburra Coins is Queen Elizabeth II. This side of the coin always features a portrait of Elizabeth II that shows the Queen in right-profile relief. Designs that are possible on this side include the Raphael Maklouf bust, the Ian Rank-Broadley bust, or the Jody Clark bust. The date mark of the coin will determine which of these designs is present.
The reverse field of Australian Silver Kookaburra Coins bears an image of the kookaburra. The largest member of the kingfisher species, the kookaburra is well-known on the Australian continent and its laughter-like call is commonly associated with the Australian Outback.
JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you with any questions. Our team is available on the phone at 800-276-6508, online through our live chat, and via our email address.