The American Gold Eagle coin was the first gold coin offered by the United States Mint in more than 50 years when it was introduced in 1986. Gold coining in the US ended in 1933 as the nation tried to buoy its gold reserves in the face of the Great Depression. Right now, 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion with a PCGS certification.
- Arrives inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Available since 1986!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM label.
- Obverse features Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse includes a family of American bald eagles.
- W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please note you may receive multiples of the same date mark when purchasing more than one coin.
Each of the 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins in this product listing comes with a near-perfect certification of PR69. The PCGS issues this grade to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. These flaws are limited to minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
The included DCAM label stands for deep-cameo and refers to the visual brilliance of the coins. A coin with a DCAM label showcases strong, frosted matte elements on the designs sets and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
In this JM Bullion product listing, you have the chance to purchase a 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coin. JM Bullion guarantees that each coin has the PF69 grade and DCAM label from the PCGS. We cannot guarantee a specific date mark though, and you may receive multiples of the same date mark when buying in bulk.
On the obverse of Proof American Gold Eagles is the image of Lady Liberty. Created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this stunning vision captures a confident and strong Liberty walking forward with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other hand. It first appeared on the $20 Gold Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933.
The reverse face of 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagles includes the design of bald eagles. This image was created exclusively for this coin program in 1986 by Miley Busiek and depicts a male flying over the nest as a female guards a hatchling.
If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available to you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.