In 2014, the United States Mint marked the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s image gracing the half-dollar coin with a special three-quarter ounce gold coin. The 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollar was the only gold version in the US Mint’s broader release that included four silver options. Right now, 2014-W Proof 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollar Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside of the original US Mint mahogany hardwood box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Produced only in 2014!
- Celebrates 50 years of Kennedy’s portrait of the half-dollar!
- Contains 3/4 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $.50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- On the obverse is Gilroy Roberts’ depiction of President John F. Kenney.
- The reverse includes Frank Gasparro’s version of the Presidential Seal.
- Coins include a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please bear in mind the outer boxes and shippers may show minor blemishes, but this will not impact the quality and condition of the coins.
Each 2014-W Proof 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollar Coin in this product listing is available to you with its original US Mint presentation packaging. The US Mint housed these coins inside of a protective plastic capsule set within a coin well in a brown mahogany hardwood box. The coins come with an individual Certificate of Authenticity as well.
John F. Kennedy was a trailblazer in many ways, from his political ideals to his legacy. When he was elected President of the United States of America he became the youngest person ever to hold the office. Following his assassination in November 1963, he became the quickest ex-president to feature on circulation coinage with his bust appearing on the half-dollar coin by March 1964. By contrast, it took 133 years for President George Washington, the nation’s first leader, to land on the quarter.
On the obverse of 2014-W Proof 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollar Coins is the image of President John F. Kennedy in left-profile relief. This design was created in early 1964 by Gilroy Roberts and is based on the bust of Kennedy created for his presidential medal during his term.
The reverse side of 2014 Proof 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollars is the image of the Presidential Seal. This interpretation of the seal was created by Frank Gasparro and depicts the American bald eagle with the national shield on its chest, a cluster of 13 arrows in one talon, and a single olive branch in the other. Both Gasparro and Roberts were US Mint Sculptor-Engravers.
All of the 2014 Proof 50th Anniversary Kennedy Gold Half Dollar Coins feature a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint on the reverse design field.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.