The first release of the 2020 Proof Silver Dollar Coins from the Native American Mint features the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma, a federally recognized indigenous tribe in the United States that once inhabited Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, and Ohio. Today, the 2020 1 oz Proof Illinois Peoria Tiger Salamander Silver Coin is available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Available to you inside of a protective plastic capsule!
- 1st issue in the 2020 series and the 28th overall in the Proof Silver Dollar collection!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- The face value of One Dollar is supported by the Peoria Tribe of Indians.
- For the obverse field, a portrait is offered of a Peoria indigenous tribal member.
- The reverse includes a depiction of the tiger salamander, a species of mole salamander.
- Released for Illinois in the series.
- Represents the Peoria people.
- NOT legal tender coinage in the United States.
When you buy silver in the Proof Silver Dollar Series, it is important to note that these silver coins are not legal tender in the United States. Though the Native American Mint has issued each coin with a One Dollar face value in the US, the value is backed by the issuing tribe and the not the federal government. Under federal law, only the US Mint can issue legal tender coins.
All of these 2020 1 oz Proof Illinois Peoria Tiger Salamander Silver Coins are available in brand-new condition with a protective plastic capsule to house the coin. These proof specimens have frosted design elements that combine with mirrored background fields for visual contrast.
On the obverse side of 2020 Proof Illinois Peoria Tiger Salamander Silver Coins is a portrait of an indigenous member of the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma. Like many indigenous tribes along the eastern seaboard of the United States, the Peoria were eventually subjected to forced removal to the Indian Territory in modern-day Oklahoma.
Historically speaking, the Peoria people lived in the regions bordering the Great Lakes in middle America. From Illinois and Michigan to Missouri and Ohio, the Peoria people existed for centuries as part of the Illinois Confederation, a collective of up to 13 different indigenous tribes in the region known as the Illini who all spoke similar Miami-Illinois languages.
The reverse of 2020 1 oz Proof Illinois Peoria Tiger Salamander Silver Coins includes the image of the spotted tiger salamander. This North American species of mole salamander is easily identifiable by its blotchy skin that combines hues of grey, green, and black.
Please dont hesitate to reach out to JM Bullion if you have questions. We are available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.