This American Eagle 1/4 oz Gold Proof coin offers the last release of the original Miley Busiek design. The obverse design features the Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty. This American Gold Eagle coin is struck in 22-karat gold and minted at the West Point Mint. Currently, this Early Release of the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Type 1 coin is available to purchase in near perfect condition from JM Bullion.
- Shipped in its NGC protective plastic slab!
- Last issue of the original design of the 2021 American Eagle 1/4 oz Gold Proof coin series!
- Limited quantities of these near-perfect coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Has a face value of $10 (USD) fully backed by the US government.
- Given a Grade of PF69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes the UCAM designation.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the last release of the original bald eagle design.
- Includes an Early Release label.
The obverse of the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin features a walking Lady Liberty. This design was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and depicts a full-length figure of Lady Liberty walking, her hair flowing, a torch in her extended right hand, and an olive branch in her left hand.
The reverse of the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin features the original design in the series from Miley Busiek. In this design, a male eagle soars over a family nest with a female and young hatchling inside the nest.
The 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin earned a PF69 certification from the NGC. This means that they are fully struck coins with a maximum of two minimal flaws. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be outside the primary focal points.
In addition, the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin earned two additional labels, enhancing their value. First, the UCAM designation, which means they have been struck with specially polished dies that give the coins a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. Second, the Early Release label. To qualify for the ER label, the coins must have been received by the NGC, or an NGC-approved depository, within the first 30 days of the coin’s release. Each of these coins bears the “W” mint mark on the obverse, indicating its striking at the West Point Mint.
Have questions? JM Bullion Customer Service has the answers. We can be reached via phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, or via our email address.