The smallest coin available in the BU Lunar Series III program of silver coins is the 1/2 oz silver coin. Available in both BU and Proof, this is a popular choice among both investors and collectors. In fact, the 1/2 oz silver coin is the only fractional-ounce silver coin in the series. Today, 2023 1/2 oz Australian Silver Lunar Rabbit Coins are available to you online at JM Bullion.
- Available to you in individual capsules, sealed rolls of 20 coins, or mint-sealed boxes of 100 coins!
- 4th year of issue in the Australian Lunar Series III program!
- Unlimited mintage into 2023!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The face value of $.50 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse side depicts two rabbits.
- Reverse includes a micro-engraved security mark.
- Designed by Ing Ing Jong.
Within the Lunar Series III program, Perth Mint offers gold, silver, and platinum BU coins. Among these, the gold coins offer the most variety with a limited-issue 1 Kilo coin, 10 oz, 2 oz, and 1 oz gold coins, as well as fractional-ounce weights. The silver series has the next most options at five coins in total, with the 1/2 oz silver coin the smallest.
All of the 2023 1/2 oz Australian Silver Lunar Rabbit Coins are available to purchase in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Coins in this weight in the series have individual capsules. Multiples of 20 encapsulated coins ship in sealed rolls, while boxes of 100 coins are also available to purchase.
On the obverse of 2023 Australian Silver Lunar Rabbit Coins is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. In this right-profile relief, Her Majesty is shown wearing the George IV State Diadem Crown at the age of 89. This design was created in 2015 by Jody Clark for the Royal Mint and has featured on Australian coins since 2018.
The reverse side of the 2023 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Rabbit comes with an image of two small rabbits. In this design, one rabbit is seated and alert as the other one stands up on its hind legs to curiously sniff at a low-hanging branch overhead.
Please contact JM Bullion if you have any questions when buying silver. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.