Silver Coins from Tuvalu
Located in the South Pacific, coins with backing from Tuvalu are often overlooked when compared to other bullion coins on the market. Despite this, Tuvalu Silver Coins captivate collectors and investors alike with their unique coins featuring pop culture characters, mythological characters, and more.
Gods of Olympus Coins
Tuvalu has a number of popular coin programs that captivate with their incredible designs and precious metal content. Among their most popular is the Gods of Olympus Series.
This coin program debuted in 2014 and was so popular that it became sold out rather quickly. These coins had an antique finish and featured unique coins for some of the most iconic figures in Greek mythology. In 2020, the series returned with all-new looks for some of the previous releases, as well as some new ones. So far, eight coins in this iconic series have been released. Tuvalu creates BU and antiqued silver coins for this series each in a 1 oz weight and a 5 oz weight made with .9999 pure silver. They also make a 1 oz gold coin available with every release.
The Gods and Goddesses to be featured in this series, in order are:
- Zeus – The sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion. He’s the king of the gods on Mount Olympus, home to the twelve Olympians. This coin was released in 2020 and features Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse with Zeus clutching a lightning bolt on the reverse.
- Poseidon – One of the twelve Olympians, he’s known as the god of the sea, storms, earthquakes, and horses. The Poseidon coin was released in 2021 and depicts him riding his chariot and holding his trident.
- Hades – The only god in the series who’s not one of the twelve Olympians. In Greek mythology, Hades is the god of the dead and the king of the underworld. He’s also the brother of Zeus and Poseidon. This coin was released in 2021 and showcases him alongside a three-headed dog.
- Hera – One of the twelve Olympians, Hera is the goddess of marriage, women, and family. She’s the sister and wife of Zeus. The coin featuring Hera was released in 2022 and shows her seated on a throne in a temple.
- Athena – The goddess of wisdom, warfare, and handicrafts is the protectress of many Greek cities, including Athens. Released in 2022, she’s shown with a shield and a spear as an owl flies next to her.
- Aphrodite – The goddess of love, beauty, and procreation among others. She’s the daughter of Zeus and is one of the twelve Olympians in Greek mythology. Last, of the 2015 re-releases, her 2022 coin showcases her sitting on a rock and an array of animals surround her.
- Ares – The Greek god of war and courage. He’s the son of Zeus and Hera and notably fights alongside Aphrodite and the Trojans in the Trojan War. Released in 2023, this coin features him holding a shield and a spear as a battle ensues behind him.
- Artemis – The latest release features the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, and nature. Artemis is shown drawing her bow alongside a stag in this 2023 release.
James Bond Coins
Among the most popular coins from the Tuvalu are their wide array of James Bond Coins. Ian Fleming created the popular fictional character to serve as the protagonist for his book series. The popularity of these books resulted in multiple feature films, comics, and unique coins.
- James Bond Legacy – Unique coins released featuring the actors who played the iconic character. Each coin has a mintage of 5,000 and arrives with a presentation box and a Certificate of Authenticity. The actor is shown holding a gun alongside the names of the films that he starred in.
- James Bond Series – A popular series that debuted in 2020 showcasing the James Bond logo. These coins were released in Brilliant Uncirculated condition with some available in a display card.
- James Bond Anniversary Coins – Unique coins are often released for the anniversary of a James Bond film. In 2021, a 50th-anniversary coin for the Diamonds is Forever film was released. Similarly, Live and Let Die received a 50th-anniversary coin from Tuvalu.
Other Tuvalu Silver Coins
- Marvel Series – Tuvalu, in collaboration with the Perth Mint, created a series of Marvel coins. All coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated condition with some even being available in sealed blister packs.
- Lunar-Themed Coins – Tuvalu has also backed an array of Lunar-Themed Coins over the years. Some of these series include their Lunar Baby Coins, Antique Rotating Charm Coins, and the 4-Coin Quadrant Sets.
History of Tuvalu Silver Coins
Formerly known as the Ellice Islands, Tuvalu is an archipelago consisting of three reef islands (Nanumanga, Niutao, and Niulakita) and six true atolls (Funafuti, Nanumea, Nui, Nukufetau, Nukulaelae, and Vaitupu.) Tuvalu is an independent nation within the British Commonwealth and is about halfway between Hawaii and Australia. Among the 195 countries in the world, Tuvalu is the fourth smallest.
While the island nation may be small, its presence in the bullion coin market continues to grow. Over the years the island nation has worked with various mints, such as the Perth Mint, to create bullion, numismatic, and other base metal coin programs.
Buying Tuvalu Silver Coins at JM Bullion
You will always find Tuvalu Silver Coins available at JM Bullion. For any inquiries, please don’t hesitate to ask. Our customer service team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat feature, and via our email address. For any payment-related questions, we encourage you to visit our Payment Methods page to find quick and easy answers to common questions about payment options.